This award was established in 1998 by Career/LifeSkills Resources Inc. which has a commitment to excellence in career and guidance counselling in this province and fully supports the Ontario School Counsellors' Association and the professionalism that it represents. The Career/LifeSkills Resources Award for Excellence in Career Education is presented in recognition of outstanding contribution to career development. This award is designed to recognize and honour excellence in the field of career development by an OSCA member.
The nominee should meet most of the following:
- The candidate must be a member of OSCA
- Have contributed significantly to the development, implementation and/or delivery of career development programs
- Have provided outstanding leadership in career development
- Any OSCA member can submit a nomination
- The nomination should include a brief outline of their significant contribution
- The OSCA Board of Directors, or designate, shall select a single receipient each year