OSCA's Awards Tradition - All nominations
2017 NOMINATIONS OPEN FOR NOVEMBER CONFERENCE!
OSCA's awards are an excellent way of recognizing your most dedicated peers in the following categories:
Curriculum and Resources
○ The Elmer Huff Award for Guidance and Career Education Resources - presented in recognition of outstanding contribution to the career development of young people through the creation, development and delivery of high quality Guidance and Career Education Resources.
Counsellor Professional Development
○ The Russ Seltzer Award for Contribution to Counsellor Education in Ontario - presented to honour contribution to Counsellor Education in Ontario, including teaching Guidance and Career Education Additional Qualification courses.
The Howard R. Beattie Award for Contribution to Counsellor Professional Development - presented to a member who has created new and beneficial ideas and techniques for professional use and communicated these through such means as workshops, local leadership and the organization of a conference or guidance professional development activities.
- Elementary Guidance
○ The Marion Axford for Elementary Guidance - presented in recognition of outstanding contribution to elementary guidance in Ontario.
○ The Daryl L. Cook Peer Helping Award - presented to one elementary and/or one secondary school in Ontario in recognition of its exemplary peer helping program.
Contribution to Guidance and Career Education
○ The Career/LifeSkills Resources Award for Excellence in Career Education - presented in recognition of outstanding contribution to career development. This award is presented by Career/Lifeskills Resources (www.career-lifeskills.com).
○ The Certificate of Appreciation - presented in recognition of outstanding contribution to Guidance and Career Education in Ontario by individuals/groups who are community partners.
○ The Olive Diefenbaker Award of Merit ***Open Year Round - recognizes retiring individuals who have made a contribution to the Counselling and Guidance Profession in Ontario.
○ The Phil Hedges Award - presented to recognize the contributions to Guidance and Career Education by dedicated counsellors in the Province of Ontario. An award will be given to one qualifying nominee from each of the six educational regions in the province, or up to a maximum of six qualifying nominees from across the province. **Please refer to http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/parents/offices.html to determine which region each school board is included in.
○ The Morgan D. Parmenter Memorial Award - presented to recognize a person who has made a most significant contribution to Guidance and Career Education in Ontario.
OSCA's Awards Policy
The Ontario School Counsellors' Association annual awards are designed to recognize both exceptional members and non-members. In every case, to honour the integrity of our awards traditions, we can only accept nominations and supporting evidence from our active members. It is the responsibility of OSCA's Governance Committee to administer our awards policy and procedures. Nomination forms are only available online using OSCA's awards nomination process. Completed nomination forms must be submitted online by Wednesday, September 13th, 2017 at 11:59PM.
Awards with OSCA Membership Conditions
Nominations for the following awards can only be for OSCA members in good standing:
- The Elmer Huff Award for Guidance and Career Education Resources
- The Russ Seltzer Award for Contribution to Counsellor Education in Ontario
- The Howard R. Beattie Award for Contribution to Counsellor Professional Development
- The Marion Axford Award for Elementary Guidance
- The Career/Lifeskills Resources Award for Excellence in Career Education (1998)
- The Phil Hedges Award (2004)
- The Morgan D. Parmenter Award (1968)
Awards Not Requiring OSCA Membership
- The Certificate of Appreciation (1990)
- The Daryl L. Cook Peer Helping Award (1993)
- The Olive Diefenbaker Award of Merit (1972)
Each of us is aware of a colleague who is innovative and professionally energized in their work with students in their school. Consider nominating them for one of OSCA's awards to validate their contribution to our profession. To nominate a candidate, simply click on the "Nominate" link on any of the awards' description page. The nominator MUST be a current OSCA member. It is important that the supporting evidence for the nomination reflect the specific criteria for the award.
All nominations must be submitted online by September 13th, 2017, 11:59PM. No manual submissions will be accepted. Olive Diefenbaker nominations will be accepted at any time.
It is understood that members of the OSCA executive and board may not be nominated for the Morgan D. Parmenter Memorial Award during the time they hold office.